Quinta do Vallado Reserva Field Blend

Top Range
Quinta do Vallado Quinta do Vallado Reserva Field Blend
 
Aroma:
Very concentrated, with balsamic oak notes, fig and black plum aromas, tobacco.

Taste:
Full bodied, firm, mature and silky tannins. Mineral notes and a very elegant, persistent and complex finish.

Vinification:

The grapes from the old vineyards (over 100 years old) were vinified in stainless steel, temperature controlled, remontage vats. Grapes from the younger vineyards (Touriga Nacional and Touriga Franca) were in part foot trodden in traditional lagares, whilst the remaining grapes were vinified in stainless steel, temperature controlled vats with manual remontage.

Varieties:
Field blend from a century old vineyard (85%) - Tinta Roriz, Tinta Amarela, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca and others. The remaining 15% come from 20 year old vines of Touriga Nacional and Touriga Franca.

Ageing:
The wine was stored in stainless steel vats for the duration of the malolactic fermentation. Afterwards all the wine was racked in 225 litre French Allier Oak barriques where it aged for 18 months. 60% aged new barriques and 40% in 2nd year barriques. 

Winemaker:
Francisco Olazabal & Francisco Ferreira


Quinta do ValladoQuinta do ValladoQuinta do Vallado

Awards / References:

• "Wine Spectator" - April 2016 - 93 pts
• "Wine Spectator" - January 2014 - 96 pts
• "Wine Spectator" - January 2011 - 94 pts
• "Robert Parker" - December 2010 - 93 pts
• "Wine Spectator" - December 2009 - 96 pts
• "Wine Spectator" - December 2005 - 27th on the TOP 100 Wines of the World
• "Wine & Spirits" - April 2010 - 96 pts
• "International Wine Challenge" - Douro Trophy / Gold Medal in 2005 and 2006